[lit-ideas] Re: The King's Mother's Axe

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:18:12 -0700

I myself speak the Mississippi Delta version. (...) You people like the clip clip snip snip of Protestant industry. We like the flowery flow of vowels with slowly sipped mint juleps.

Have you noticed the "Southern accent" has disappeared? I talk with people in Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans, and many other cities in the South; none of them have any accent. These are people who grew up in those places.

"Texan" has also disappeared.

The only place that has a regional accent is the Northeast, esp. NYC and Boston.

Odd, isn't that?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com