[lit-ideas] Re: The Grass, The Grass

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:42:59 -0700

On Apr 24, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Judith Evans wrote:

Yesterday evening my wife and I watched the new "Sense and
Sensibility,"

this evening I watched a program about 'Allo 'Allo -- wonderful. I thought
of what you said. It seems it did travel, even to France (dubbed into
various shades of French), and to goodness knows where. (Germany decided
not to show it.)

Did you see Pride and Prejudice?

No, I haven't seen this.  Should I?

'Allo 'Allo in French.  Now that would be funny.

Fresh from the library this evening are four videos of, "Father Ted," which David Edmonds--he of "Rousseau's Dog"--recommended when we went out for a pint of real ale...of which Portland has much. There is but one bar that shows cricket, however.

David Ritchie,
(Uncle to a county-level junior cricketer)
Portland, Oregon