[lit-ideas] Re: New EU lexicon on terror

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:59:56 +0100

Are you actually suggesting that changing the term "Islamic terrorists" will have some beneficial effect on would-be Islamic terrorists? Nice thought anyway...

What I'm not suggesting is that not using the term 'Islamic Terrorists' is the limit of the EU's response to the terrorist threat. What I'm not suggesting is that The 'Torygraph' is the best and only source for objective news about the EU. What I'm not suggesting is that the only response to terrorism is to wage unceasing war on a succession of Muslim-populated countries.

What I am suggesting is that Diane West is frothing at the mouth in her eagerness to attack Islam and Europe in the same article. What I am suggesting is that Europe has dealt successfully with terrorism in the recent past. What I am suggesting is that parts of US society have a tarnished reputation as regards its relationships with terrorist organisations.

And as for nice thoughts...the cricket season has started, I've just mown the lawn for the first time this year, I've received positive reviews for my work...

Nice thoughts all.

Simon