[lit-ideas] Re: New EU lexicon on terror

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:39:51 -0400

Simon: In Europe we try and create friends and allies. In the US - in some circles - it seems they are only interested in creating enemies.

I doubt Europe is creating friends and allies among the radical Islamists or Islamic terrorists. At best, you are being polite to your mugger so he'll leave fewer bruises.

Are you actually suggesting that changing the term "Islamic terrorists" will have some beneficial effect on would-be Islamic terrorists? Nice thought anyway...