[lit-ideas] Re: Sustaining our Resolve

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:21:06 -0400

Andy: Bernard Lewis is a neocon. He promoted the "they'll greet us as liberators; they'll greet us with flowers" plan.

Bernard Lewis is a scholar of Islamic literature.

Let me ask some questions I just posted to another list.

Since the Iraqi oil is almost entirely for India and China, we should have cut a deal with China. We take out the Saddam Regime, and let China deal with the follow-up.

How do you think the Iraqis would have responded were China in charge of the reconstruction? How do you think China would have managed the insurgency?

Eric