[lit-ideas] Re: Southeast Asian move by Silicon Valley engineers

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:15:27 -0800

From: "Robert Paul" <Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Something puzzles me about this. If you 'weren't caught' how does the US
> government find out what you did? Will it take the word of 'informers' who
> might
> have been with you in the car? If this is true, it might save us all some
> money
> if the government stopped wasting its time with evidence but got rid of the
> unnecessary shuffle here and simply accused you of having done something
> illegal
> right off the bat.

Oh, for example, you write in your autobiography or in a blog that you once
smoked a joint
(but didn't inhale) when you were a boy in France.

If the government decides they want to deport an immigrant, they start looking
for trivial
infractions. With such a rule, they always find something.

Even Jesus would be deported (he vandalized a money changers' offices).

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com