[lit-ideas] Re: Reason and Politics

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:05:36 +0100

Miller's piece isn't the kind of thing you want (I'd say; I heard
him
give it but haven't read the published version), it addresses 2
papers
by Young and someone else on minorities, modes of discourse,
and deliberative democracy.

to give a
> talk defending Habermas from his pomo, feminist
post-colonialist critics.

I don't really see Young as a postmodernist (or a
postcolonialist) but I realise
many people do.  Of course Benhabib isn't.  But I can see why
you'd focus
on her.

I'll think about it and also see who's written what.  I'm really
very
behind with the reading on this but will do what I can working
from
summaries

Judy