[lit-ideas] Re: Protect the patents!

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:19:05 -0500

At 11:00 AM 11/4/2005, you wrote:

--- Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What is the motive behind the government/media attempting to put/keep
> people in a state of fear?

You may be assuming that Phil Enns had the government/media in mind when
talking about attempts to keep people in fear. But perhaps it was the church.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's MOSTLY the media, fed by the government. Of course, nowadays, the gubment IS fed by the church. Maybe you are right.

The thing is... wasn't it just about 10 months ago that the doomsayers were talking about a pandemic? You know, you can say the same thing every year and one day, you'll be right. That doesn't make it an "i told you so" moment.

If you say "there's going to be a pandemic this year" 20 years straight and I say "NO there isn't", if ONCE in those 20 years a whole bunch of people get sick, YOU are only [partially] right 5% of the time. I'm at 95%. It's one thing to be prepared, it's another to be alarmed.

As is evidenced in various articles pointed to recently, as well as relatively recent 'pandemics' (misnamed -- in the grand scheme of things, not very many people got sick, still fewer died) the MAIN cause of epidemic proportion outbreaks is travel. This is exacerbated with our current globe-trotting habits. A VERY simple containment precaution is to limit travel. Whatever you think IS going to happen, it's NOT that half the USA is going to be wiped out by sickness. Maybe thousands of people will die. IT simply WON'T be millions. And, to show you how far the WHO has its head up its ass, it's range was labelled at 5-150 million? In other words "we don't have a fucking clue, but it's gonna be a whole lot". I call "BULL SHIT!" How many hurricanes will we have this year? "between 0 and 50". Yeah, You're probably right. 5-150 is such an obscene hedge.

It's chicken little in reality. After another 10 winters of "the pandemic is upon us" people will start IGNORING the message altogether. THEN, we'll have made our deathbeds and get to lie in them.

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada