[lit-ideas] Re: Physics, Philosophy, Turkey, Urban Myth

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:54:16 +0000

Thursday, November 24, 2005, 7:24:30 PM, david ritchie wrote:

JE>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1649309,00.html

dr> Brill.  I'd missed this.

it is brill, isn't it?  -- not entirely; I'd find them a bit scary,
and I'm used to chickens on farms.

dr> The last thing I read said that hunters
dr> were happy here in the West because wild turkeys, specially
dr> introduced for their sport, had been breeding well.

:)

dr>   Who knew what
dr> dangers soon may beset Boring, Wanker's Corner, other burbs hereabouts?

I forgot about Wankers Corner (Wankers', surely?)

dr> I'll go look for my hockey stick.  Be sure to alert Robert.  He lives
dr> further out and may be busy with the sheep.

then he'll have to fend off the turkeys, yes -- is it snowing where he
is?  It is over here, as yet, Cardiff is simply rather icy

--
Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK

                           mailto:judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx