[lit-ideas] Re: Physics, Philosophy, Turkey, Urban Myth

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:24:30 -0800

On Nov 24, 2005, at 10:00 AM, Judy Evans wrote:

Thursday, November 24, 2005, 5:42:50 PM, david ritchie wrote:

dr> On Nov 24, 2005, at 9:13 AM, Judy Evans wrote:

thank you, Andreas -- just watch out for those feral turkeys!

dr> Or were you referring to a brand of bourbon?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1649309,00.html

Brill. I'd missed this. The last thing I read said that hunters were happy here in the West because wild turkeys, specially introduced for their sport, had been breeding well. Who knew what dangers soon may beset Boring, Wanker's Corner, other burbs hereabouts?

I'll go look for my hockey stick. Be sure to alert Robert. He lives further out and may be busy with the sheep.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon