[lit-ideas] Re: One of the better fatwa's

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:11:10 +0100 (BST)

Just a couple of points

 And the people in the
> business, FrontPageMag
> say it was a fatwa, but I don't know what would
> satisfy Judy about that.
> Does she want a formal Notary Public to sign off on
> them?  Osama bin Laden
> issued a fatwa

As I said, I can't find any trace of frontpagemag
saying a fatwa had been issued against Spencer.  I've
a feeling fatwa and threat are being treated as
identical, so, I post this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa

more importantly, indeed, crucially

LH>Is what is occurring here a law suit?   I thought
the language implied one, but as I found out by
reading the attendant site one goes to to contribute
money:

"The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) -
whose very founders have been arrested in connection
with terrorist activities - has decided to silence
once and for all its harshest and bravest critic: the
Freedom Center's Robert Spencer."<LH

CAIR was founded by Nihad Awad, Omar Ahmad, and Rafeeq
Jabe.  I can find no trace of their being arrested.
(I've read their biographies.)

Judy Evans, Cardiff

your free account today
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html