[lit-ideas] Re: Joke

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:47:38 -0400

Looks like Vasily Smyslov does he?  This is during the Cold War presumably?
And no doubt he was teaching you *East* German.  Wearing a trench coat and
casting a big shadow on the wall.  Has a nondescript girl friend and lives
in a small room where he decodes mysterious messages.  One day he has a
heart attack, known at headquarters as "catching the Russian flu" ...