[lit-ideas] Re: Is it just me? (Ain't we got fun)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:01:47 EST

I'm starting to understand why my brother moved to NY and loves it.   Me?
Take me to a dry warm climate please!  (I've conjectured for  years that the
males who love the cold/ice/snow/jumping in freezing waters are  primarily
operating an a hormone-induced macho-complex; man against  nature.)

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Is it just me?
(Ain't we got fun)  Date: 1/18/2007 3:50:03 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
>>It's about -7 C here today. Nice and  crisp.

I start to have fun when it gets below 12 F with a string wind.  Nothing
like hiking along a mountain ridge in that weather, the numb face,
frosty breath condensing to ice on one's hood, the cold leaking through
one's boots. Some genetic switch gets tripped in me, and the mind
becomes clearer and the metabolism goes into overdrive. Absolutely love  it!