[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (2), First Front

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:27:01 -0800

But I have mentioned that Mike's America is something new.  It wasn't there
at the beginning.  Those who respect the beginning are now called
Conservatives.  Those who honor our roots are the original
Liberal-Democrats.  Marxism came along later and gave rise to a new way of
thinking.  Strict Marxism was taken up in the USSR.  A modified form called
the Welfare State was taken up in Europe

Mike's America is either Russian or European, I can't tell which.

Also, the moral equivalence assertion that you voice is obviously
anti-American.  It is so by definition.  Marxist radicalism is not America.
It is not an America that is passing away because it has never been America.
Without doubt we have had and still have a vocal Leftist presence in
America, but it is only America in the sense that we allow it free speech.
It isn't America.

Lawrence