[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (2), First Front

  • From: "JUDITH EVANS" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:45:31 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Lawrence Helm

>As to America being the bad guy during the Cold War

*a* bad guy, Lawrence.  You may think we're all Stalinists, we aren't.

>and  I hope America wins so you won't be subjected to a tyranny which will
take away your >right to abuse America..

there are those in the US -- including some highly respectable lawyers --
who believe you're, if not on that precise path, very near it.  (They refer
to Bush's assumption of absolute executive power and Alito's likely support
ot it.)

I forgot to ask people here to email their (Democrat) Senators re the
filibuster of Alito.

Judy Evans, Cardiff