[lit-ideas] Re: Homeland Security

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:28:54 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2004 5:31:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  I said I was sorry to have disturbed her.
>
> Robert Paul
>  Reed College

Hi,
Well, someone is monitoring our conversations <g> as the local Red  Cross
chapter here which I so glowing reported on has had the CDC come in and  take
one
of their shipments from them.  (they probably have had enough to  handle even
the entire metro area IF they were allowed to dole it out when and  where
they have planned.)  They still have enough for most of the area, but  it is
going to make it hopefully not as bad as where Andreas' parents are, but
potentially a panic here, too.  (especially if this gets out...)  Our  Red
Cross not
only planned for what they have typically done, but also an extra  20% or
so--but to have someone from DC sweep in and take it away was a bit much.  (The
'feds' they called them to my programmer...)  The Red Cross is trying  to
figure
out what to do to replace it before they have to cancel any  clinics.  I only
hope that the CDC came here to get it because Andreas told  his dad to tell
them to do so--and if it is going to HIS parents, then I'm okay  with it.  If
it
is going somewhere else...well, if we are supposed to be  doing healthcare in
a capitalistic sort of way, then why are we not doing  so?

If we are not advocating 'national' health care, then why would the CDC be
allowed to take it from one group to give it to another that they deem more
worthy...?

Kind of cranky with our government's two faces,
Marlena in Missouri