[lit-ideas] Re: Hamas and Israel's "Right to Exist"

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think that Jordan and Lebanon are relevant,
both have established borders except for Lebanon's
claim to Sheba'a farms but that is really a minor
issue. As to Palestine - well, yes, the issue of the
Palestinian borders is also murky. So could we agree
that neither side should be demanding the other to
recognize its "right to exist" as a condition for
negotiations ? Such a recognition should hopefully be
the outcome of the (long and complicated)
negotiations, not a pre-condition for them.

O.K.