[lit-ideas] Re: Hamas and Israel's "Right to Exist"

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

I am not sure what you are getting at here. Yes, these
borders were created in a large part by the European
colonizers, but they are now established and
internationally recognized borders. It is possible to
question the historical justification for the borders
of Western states as well. However, few states now
have left the question of their borders open until
further notice. Anyway, please spell out the
implications and goals, as you see them, of possibly
opening the question of borders of the other ME
states.

O.K.