[lit-ideas] Re: Hamas and Israel's "Right to Exist"

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:33:49 -0400

There are two sides to every issue, and people do support their own side,
unless you can offer examples of when you sided with Omar's point of view.
I think evidence of the virulent anti-Semitism might be in order.
Sometimes I agree with Omar, as when he posted that article on the U.S.
economy as founded in military Keynesianism, sometimes I don't.  I think
it's a no brainer that if you start a war, you're not going to get peace,
but a lot of people don't think that way.  As far as posting reasons not to
invade Iran, with nuclear weapons no less, it makes no sense to attack a
country and look only at what one thinks will be the happy outcomes.  Do
you so hate the U.S. that you would encourage such a thing?  We didn't
learn enough in Iraq that we have to do it all over again only much worse?