[lit-ideas] Re: Guardian Unlimited: Denmark's new values

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:31:37 -0800

I always suspect that you and I had different ways of obtaining information,
Andreas.  While you were outside looking at the moon, I was finishing Robin
Wright's In the Name of God, The Khomeini Decade and beginning Mohammad
Mohaddessin's Islamic Fundamentalism, The New Global Threat.

I read recently (I believe it was from Wilfred Cantwell Smith's Islam in
Modern History) that all the translations into Arabic during the time from
Mohammad until now, don't equal the translations completed in just one year
in Spain.  Not much moon watching by those Spaniards . . . or maybe just too
much by those Arabs.

Lawrence