[lit-ideas] Re: Global warming claims tropical island

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:45:23 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The interview is at:

http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/2006/10/20061030_b_main.asp

Or perhaps you read into it what you want him to say.  If both killing and incarcerating winds up in the same place, then why not try something completely different?  Never happen, stay the course instead, do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

For Paul, the economic argument is nonsense.  It's what the car and oil companies argue.  We can have a Manhattan project to create a bomb, but we can't have one to clean up the environment?  We just don't want to clean up the environment, we just want to point fingers, especially since the oil companies can't wait to get their hands on all that oil that will be released in the permafrost as it thaws.  The U.S. by itself creates most of the greenhouse gases, at least 30%.  Our superior selves have no problem waiting for someone else to start the cleanup ball rolling.