[lit-ideas] Re: Global warming claims tropical island

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:36:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The cow is not at the apex of our woes.  The cow is merely costing half the
water of the country to turn itself into inefficient food.  It's costing
trillions of pounds of manure that need to be disposed of every year.  The
petroleum based pesticides and fertilizers that go into growing the unnatural,
entirely corn based feed that the cow is forced to eat while it's penned up its
entire life in a closet sized enclosure, feed that makes it sick, necessitating
antibiotics, said pesticides and fertilizer flow into the Gulf of Mexico and
have formed a dead zone the size of New Jersey.  That dead zone had been a
natural buffer for hurricanes.  The overall pollution of the oceans, including
the dead zone wherein agricultural effluent, among other pollution, lies, is
raising the temperature of the oceans.  That's the reason that Katrina was a
category 3 until it crossed the warmed water and became a category 5.  This is
a hobby cow?  I will agree with you, the beast does moo in fright, as would you
if you lived and died with the cruelty cows and other animals live and die
with.  In return, beef is a major contributor to cardiovascular disease and
other disease (the red meat/colon cancer connection is not refuted anymore), so
the cow has some enforced revenge.

Look, eat your steak, enjoy it.  Life cannabalizes life.  Humans are no better
than spiders or any other predator.  Just as warlike as any warrior ants
anywhere.  We're late in the day for GW anyway.  By the time CNN and the other
outlets start talking about this, the day will be over.  This is kind of like
talking about how great we were doing in Iraq.  It also proves to me that
people don't care about their children, because their children will inherit GW.
 People care about themselves, that's all, and here we are, pretending nothing
is happening.  If on this erudite list there is so much resistance, what hope
is there anywhere else?