[lit-ideas] Re: Global warming claims tropical island

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:56:45 EST

Lightenup.

Used to be a screen name of mine.

Rent, borrow, check out, or buy "Good Life, Good Death".

Global tragedy is awful.  Personal tragedy is less (voluminously) than
global tragedy.  When's the last time you lost your spouse, mother, and
children
in the space of a year?

Yeah, I know.  That doesn't address the big-picture.

There's a lot of joy, beauty, peace, fun that you're missing out on.

Julie Krueger
   simply being

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Global warming
claims tropical island  Date: 12/27/2006 9:56:11 A.M. Central Standard Time
From: _aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
What is there to do but to make jokes about  it?  It amazes me, or not,
knowing what humans are like, that the media  isn't making a big deal out of
global
warming.  Obviously because they know  most people don't care about it; it's
not really happening; if it's happening,  it's happening to the poor over
there, even though, rest assured, the planet has  no prejudices.  Most haven't
even spent 90 minutes watching Al Gore's  movie.  Titanic did something like
1.3
billion in sales worldwide.   Gore's movie did something like 39 million.
And, of course, Gilligan sold  his rights so he got not a dime.