[lit-ideas] Re: Global Warming Hysteria

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:09:23 -0700

On Jul 15, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Paul Stone wrote:

I almost choked on my breakfast this morning when I saw a headline
that insinuated that 'global warming causes kidney stones'.

I know it [the hysteria anyway] certainly causes a pain in my ass.

You would have preferred, "Being a Snow Bird Causes Kidney Stones," or "Drinking Coffee Causes Kidney Stones," or "Playing Too Much Squash Causes Kidney Stones"?

I read the story this morning. I take your point, but for those who haven't read the piece...it's about kidney stones and dehydration-- warmer planet, more dehydration.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon