[lit-ideas] Re: Geary on Instrumental Technological Rationality

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 01:11:38 -0400

Mike frets: I hope they get to know the hoot of being human.

If we weren't mortal and fragile, there'd be no hoot at all. They depend on each other, as John Wager intimated in his Buddhist post. We "thing" in the same way that the world "peoples" (apologies to Alan Watts). Whatever is in the future, at least we have this moment; whatever is in the future, at least the grandkids will this same moment.

Gabby and gnomic,
EY