[lit-ideas] Re: Fwd: Pinch Me ...a message from Michael Moore

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:38:24 -0500

Waiting to see how this List treats Obama gone wrong,

Judy: Rather, those of 'this List' who are illusioned
supporters of Obama and also haven't noticed the
economic mess?

Yes, me for Killjoy during Happy Week.

* The racism bothers me. "America elected a black
President." Oh really? Not just a president? People
either have equal rights or they don't, and privileging
the other is merely submerging reverse racism. If
people don't already assume that equal rights are
pervasive, unexceptional, and given, the conditions for
their complete realization are never, or much more
slowly granted. Instead we have all kinds of tribal
talk (whites, blacks, Latinos, etc.) during Happy Week.

* The international applause bothers me. When so many
representatives of other nations -- that is, so many
representatives of competing interests -- applaud, one
can only hope they will soon be disappointed. One hopes
for good relations, but they are not a goal, merely the
byproduct of intelligent diplomacy.

* Messiahs coming out of nowhere always bother me. They
just do. It's creepy. Deus ex political machina.

* Biden bothers me. A hack whose bankruptcy law pleased
his constituency (Delaware-based credit card companies)
and further hobbled the needy and desperate. The
opposite of the Messiah from nowhere: the shiny face of
established corruption. Jesus and Herod walking hand in
hand out of the desert. Creepy.

All these points admit refutation, sure. Topple my
Grinch house of bullet points. Nice to be surprised.
Nice to be mistaken. Meanwhile, it's still a creepy
situation. Though, regardless of long-term outcome,
it's good to see people enjoy Happy Week.