[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: FW: Re: WTO and War

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:41:12 -0500

What about Japan? I seem to recall there was some unpleantries with Japan in 1930-1945. Is Japan a different civilization, or part of the Western economic world?

Japan modernized from a feudal society to an industrial society in one or two generations.

However, here's something to think about for all the Global Trade Panacea advocates. Great Britain had lots of trade with Nazi Germany before WWII; the US had trade with Japan before WWII -- and that trade did nothing to prevent WWII. So much for our savior, the WTO.