[lit-ideas] Re: Do ideas exist before being articulated?

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:19:29 -0500

And yet, is it not possible that some of the time in certain circumstances,
the role of cognitive functioning adapts, changes?

But I'm still not convinced that my suggestion is immediately false.  You
say the two models are contradictory.  What if they work in tandem with one
another?

I have an idea/concept.  I begin to verbalize it.  I write.  My writing
informs me of aspects of my concept which I was hitherto oblivious to.  As I
become more aware of what my language is suggesting to me, I work to
verbalize my new slant.

John -- if you didn't have a word for "red" would you still see the colour
of an apple, a tomato, blood?  Or, because you didn't have the word for it,
would your brain simply stop processing data?

Julie Krueger