[lit-ideas] Re: Beyond Belief

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:00:49 -0500

J. Mc:
> Is this not the active principle behind most fantasy and science
> fiction--not to mention medieval maps with edges marked "Here be
> monsters"?

I've always only seen it as "Here be dragons."   Same concept, but dragons
seem more "right on" to me.  I've often toyed with the idea of painting
"Here be dragons" on the walls of gated communities, but have been too
cowardly to do so up to now.  If Bush wins this election, maybe that will
push me over the brink.

Mike Geary
Memphis