[lit-ideas] Re: Auerbach on Mimesis

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:34:26 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I go by the definition of clutter.  If it isn't useful and it isn't
beautiful or aesthetically pleasing, it's clutter.  Philosophy aesthetically
pleases, so it doesn't have to be useful so it can stay.  But you better not
mind dusting it, that's all I can say.

  For Ursula, how about a portrait-like picture of her?  Something not too big
that would travel easily.  It would at least memorialize her at this time in
her life.

Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Irene wrote,

> In my opinion, unless that activity can be useful in some way, it
> doesn't rise above a bunch of isms.

Useful in what ways, e.g.? In any event, if this is supposed to be an
argument, it's disappointingly fallacious.

Thanks for listening, Irene.

Robert Paul

Access, No Cost.