[lit-ideas] Re: Are you really that old?

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:58:56 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Aug 12, 2004 7:01 PM
To: Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Are you really that old?

(for erin. from another list -- andreas)

"Hey Dad," one of my kids asked the other day, "What was your favorite fast
food when you
were growing up?"

A.A. I'm 56, and very happy to be 56.  I'm always struck by how politically
incorrect it is to mock and discriminate against race, sex, nearly everything,
except age, even though age is the only thing absolutely everyone has in
common, without exception, unless they die prematurely.  I never understood why
we reject ourselves that way, yet we do.  It's so ass backwards.

Andy