[lit-ideas] Re: Are you really that old?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:47:47 -0500

Ursula shudders:
> One I don't remember, (and I shudder to ask):   What is Butch wax?

What, you never had a flat top?  Surely you remember flat tops.  Everybody
had a flat top in the late fifties.  And unless you had thick straight hair,
like a porcupine,  you had to use Butch wax to make it stick straight up.
Balboas replaced flat tops, you'll remember.  Flat on top with long sides
that met in the back in a duck tail.

flat tops: http://www.pathguy.com/flattop.htm

Of course, it could be something Lesbians do that I'm ignorant of.

Mike Geary
Memphis