[linux-avc2210k] Re: tuner usage

  • From: "john owen-jones" <blackest_knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-avc2210k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:07:44 +0000

hi still not quite getting it

initialised the device with
~$ avcctrl -i -f PAL -t MPEG2 -q BETTER -s TUNER -v 0

then scanning with
~$ avctune  -r uk -s 0
but no channels are found- does this need root access?

I have looked into /etc/avc2210k.conf.xml.
as far as i can tell the section for the uk is the basic uhf broadcast band
however I have channels below this in vhf (it's cable)
presumably the entry for the uk needs to be expanded.

because its not finding any channels i dont get a channel list

in windvr the channel list looks something like this

[CHAN_MGR_A]

CHAN_NUM=0

CUR_CHAN=0

LAST_CHAN=0

[CHAN_MGR_C]

CHAN_NUM=107

CUR_CHAN=0

LAST_CHAN=0

[CHAN_C_0]

Name=CBL 002

DspNo=2

No=2

State=0

Lockout=0

FreqOffset=128

[CHAN_C_1]

Name=CBL 001

DspNo=1

No=1

State=0

Lockout=0

FreqOffset=128

[CHAN_C_2]

Name=CBL 003

DspNo=3

No=3

State=0

Lockout=0

FreqOffset=128
.... ect

a typical working channel looks like

[CHAN_C_12]

Name=CBL 013

DspNo=13

No=13

State=7

Lockout=0

FreqOffset=128

essentially state =7 on a valid channel

on a detected but scrambled channel the device falls over after a few seconds. with the windvr software its just not possible to deselect a scrambled channel so has to be edited by hand. incidentally this is a real pain when recording from a VCR source a bit of drop out will cause the device to lockup and stop recording. I would guess this is the bug you mentioned... Kind of defeats the purpose of the device
for format shifting from tape to DVD.
I wonder if a TBC placed inline would avoid this. When I get this working i will give it a try and report back.

so to sum up my current questions are :)

1) what am i doing wrong detecting channels
2)how does the /etc/avc2210k.conf.xml. need to be modified to scan the wider band width. 3) what is the format of the channel list file and could i create it manually 4)can any tv programs interact with the device as far as channel changing goes or is channel surfing out of the question for now.

thank you for your help

warm regards

John

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com