[linux-avc2210k] tuner usage

  • From: "john owen-jones" <blackest_knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-avc2210k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, agoosya@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:22:36 +0000

hi
wolfgangs post in november
http://206.53.239.180/archives/linux-avc2210k/11-2006/msg00000.html
was very good. It got me up and running on ubuntu dapper, Multiload compiled and installed but the avc2210 driver itself needed the tweaks to the source code to compile
for my kernel.

avcctrl -i -f PAL -t MPEG2 -q BETTER -s COMPOSITE -v 0

takes a couple of seconds to complete

then

cat /dev/avcap0 > grab_video.mpg

starts capturing perfectly  (ctrl c to halt it).

I would like to use the tuner and be able to watch what the device is sending but I
havent figured out how.  Could  someone post a few examples please

especially for using the device with programs like tvtime or zoneminder

http://www.zoneminder.com/

Thankyou to everyone that has worked on this, I thought I was doomed to running windows everytime i use this device.

regards

john

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb