[Linux-Anyway] Re: Scott Ritter

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:57:35 +0200

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:54:59 +0200 scripsit Horror Vacui:

> Woopsy, wrong newsgroup. I thought I was in Linux newbies, and have
> behaved in exactly the same way that made Meph start this one in the
> first place. I'll have to watch my back for some time on now.
>
> Ok, I've been a bit harsh here - sorry. But even if the group welcomes
> off-topic discussions, it is a linux group.

The way I understand it (and I expect to be put right by Meph if I'm wrong),
drifting off-topic by regulars here is tolerated. Someone who's never, or
very rarely, been seen posting here before opening up a thread with a
political discussion with nothing at all to do with Linux is something a bit
different from a regular drifting off-topic.

Mind you, saying "a *bit* different" in this context is like saying "Linux
is a *bit* less prone to viruses and worms than Windows."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you bring a discussion back
on-topic :o)

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)