[Linux-Anyway] Grip

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

  Hey,

  Had a cd I had to rip & encode to mp3.  Of course, I had to
update grip to do it, but with the update, I've a couple of minor
annoyances I'm hoping somone here may know how to correct:

 1. (Probably the easy one) Can't rip as user -- I mark the
tracks, hit the Rip&Encode button, grip starts reading the track
& ejects the cd.  I think it's a problem with permissions, but
I'm not sure.
 2. As root, I start grip from the command line & get:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed.

  I'm not stopped from running grip, & I get no errors while
ripping & encoding.  But I ~am~ confused by the initial error.

  What's up with this?

  Meph

--
  Vacation, n.:
  A two-week binge of rest and relaxation so intense that