[Linux-Anyway] Re: Grip

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

> >   Had a cd I had to rip & encode to mp3.  Of course, I had to
> > update grip to do it, but with the update, I've a couple of
> > minor annoyances I'm hoping somone here may know how to
> > correct:

> Screw grip. Use cdparanoia.

> My CD-Writing howto[1] explains how to batch rip all the audio
> tracks of a CD to .wav files. From there, use bladeenc to batch
> convert all the .wav files to .mp3.

> [1] - http://linux.sgms-centre.com/howto/cdwriting.php

  Yeah.  Was thinking I'd do that, as I'm using bladeenc for the
encoding, anyway.  I've also found that doing more than a single
track at a time is asking for shoddy mp3's.

  I'll check it out tomorrow & redo all but the track I've done
seperately & am listening to right now.

  Thanks:-).

  Meph

--
  Getting kicked out of the American Bar Association is liked
  getting kicked out of the Book-of-the-Month Club.