[Linux-Anyway] Re: Grip

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:06:39 +0200

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:43:40 -0700 (PDT) scripsit Meph Istopheles:

>   Had a cd I had to rip & encode to mp3.  Of course, I had to
> update grip to do it, but with the update, I've a couple of minor
> annoyances I'm hoping somone here may know how to correct:

Screw grip. Use cdparanoia.

My CD-Writing howto[1] explains how to batch rip all the audio tracks of a
CD to .wav files. From there, use bladeenc to batch convert all the .wav
files to .mp3.

[1] - http://linux.sgms-centre.com/howto/cdwriting.php

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)