[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: lou_translate: unicode output?

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:52:41 +0000

Hi,

as far as I remember it is not possible at the moment, even if you
use unicode.dis, it displays \x28xx.
the current lou_translate does not assume or check that the terminal is
utf-8 aware.
On modern Linux/Unix systems this is safe to do, but I
don't know if the same can be assumed with windows.

If your patch works well on the various platforms we should role in your
modifications across all the command line tools, lou_translate,
lou_alround etc.

What we often use is just lou_translate from python, where it is more
straightforward.

thanks,
Mesar