[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis] r642 committed - Added version2 of runHarness, based on nose tests....

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:41:47 +0200

Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> runharness.py is a handwritten script, and to add more features or different
> type of reporting would mean a lot more writing.
> runHarnessV2.py conforms with generally known python testing, such as
> doctests and unittest, so hopefully this should be easier in the longterm.
> Decided to try nose testing since it allows for test generators, which is
> what we need if we drive our tests with repetative data.

I generally prefer stuff that is based on established standards. At the
moment I don't see what nose buys us. I thought with nose you have to
write plain old unit tests, but with the harness we don't. We basically
provide test fixtures in the form of json.

Also it is another dependency. I don't know if we can expect our table
developers to have nose installed.

Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 30. Juni 2012 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.sbs.ch/offenetuer