[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis] r642 committed - Added version2 of runHarness, based on nose tests....

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:06:26 +0200

Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Nose is more flexible than unittests, and the major advantage over
> unittests is that it allows for test generators

In what way would test generators helps?

> Both with v1 and v2, json is being used to provide the data, but with
> v2 we dont have to do any counting, and it takes care of reporting.

That sounds very good. I generally like the direction in which the
harness is going (use json as input format, base on existing test
framework, etc). We probably need to consider the general use case. Most
of the time you just want to compare the translation of liblouis with a
known good translation, i.e. string comparison. There are some other
more obscure scenarios where you want to test cursor positions, inpos
arrays or back translations. Maybe the test framework should make the
main use case easy and concise and make the others possible, i.e. make
it easy to add just translation tests and have a (less concise)
possibility to test the other stuff.

Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 30. Juni 2012 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.sbs.ch/offenetuer