[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [liblouis] r642 committed - Added version2 of runHarness, based on nose tests....

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:09:17 +0100

Hi Attila,

> I runned runHarnessV2.py file in the tests directory. Right if this
> Python script doesn't presenting any informations? Nnot presenting
> for example what harness file are processing, and how many tests
> failed a harness file?

do:
$ sudo apt-get install python-nose
$ nosetests runHarnessV2.py

To get more test information do:
$ nosetests -v runHarnessV2.py

> Why need this v2 script? My machine both Python2 and Python3 the
> runHarness.py processing right the test harness files.

runharness.py is a handwritten script, and to add more features or different
type of reporting would mean a lot more writing.
runHarnessV2.py conforms with generally known python testing, such as doctests
and unittest, so hopefully this should be easier in the longterm.
Decided to try nose testing since it allows for test generators, which is what
we need if we drive our tests with repetative data.

Will be intrested to hear how Christian and Michael feels.

I do see python3-nose as a package, but liblouis doesn't seem to be available
for me in python3, so can't test if v2 needs any modification to
work on both p2 and p3.

Thanks.
Mesar