[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Translatable table names in Liblouis independent with screen readers now used methods: possible doing this?

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 11:37:49 +0200

Hy Christian,

I don't no how can possible handling this language tag possibility for example with following situation in hungarian language: If future in Orca Joanie perhaps will be removing the table name translation strings in src/orca/braille.py file and a hungarian Orca user want choosing the hu.ctb table in Orca preferences dialog/braille page, I want seeing for example following GUI item in contraction table combo box if hungarian language is used, not hu and hu1:
"Magyar (számítógépes braille)"
In english this string meaning following:
"Hungarian (computer braille)"
If the user want choosing the hu1.ctb hungarian grade 1 table, the need example output is following:
"Magyar (irodalmi braille)"
This string meaning english with following:
"Hungarian (contracted braille)"
So, if an user using Orca with english language, need presenting the english hungarian table names translation strings, if using hungarian language, need presenting the hungarian language translated table names strings. The language tag with you suggesting support this type output depending the actual language? Accented characters in the name is important for example with hungarian language. Language tag is other situation possible important, if need defining the table encoding, or used dot numbering method. In hungarian grade1 braille we always presenting the characters with six dots, not eight dots.

Attila