[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Windows builds

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:31:12 +1000

On 20/05/2011 3:21 AM, Neil Soiffer wrote:
I tried to use the mingw-built dlls from a visual studio project and
they do not seem to be compatible with visual studio... at least we
couldn't figure out how to link to them.
Ah. Is that because you don't have the .lib file? I think there's a way to generate that from MinGW stuff, but it doesn't natively generate them.

Btw, I don't disagree that we should use the Microsoft toolchain fi we can. The problem is the way it has to be done. I am concerned that the Makefiles and headers will get out of sync. Even if they don't, any sort of duplication is never a good thing.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Vice President, Developer