[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Italic in British Braille

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:25:03 -0500

Paul,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. This is part of the general
emphasis problem, which also includes cases where the
end-of-capitalization sign follows the last word. I will get around to
these things eventually. Emphasis is the most complex issue in liblouis.
Right now I'm giving priority to porting liblouis and liblouisutdml to
Windows using the Microsoft compilers and to the BrailleBlaster GUI.
Using MinGW for the ports is unreliable and causes problems. It's been
tried more than once, with bad results.

John