[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problem Installing liblouisxml on the Mac

  • From: "Eitan Isaacson" <eitan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 06:49:30 +0200

There is a project called Fink (http://finkproject.org), that brings
all of the tools needed for Open Source development to a Mac. There is
also another similar project that might be more popular, but the name
escapes me now.

Since we are talking about releases and such on another thread with
Christian, I think this is an important point:
When we release a tri-platform project like liblouis I think it should
be made downloadable in three forms:

1. A source tarball - this is what we have now, Linux distributions
will use this to make their own packages.
2. A windows binary - I imagine it takes quite a few prerequisites to
build almost anything on Windows, so we should provide a prebuilt
package.
3. A mac binary - same as above.

I see a lot of cross-platform programs distributed like this.

Cheers,
  Eitan.