[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problem Installing liblouisxml on the Mac

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:13:15 -0600

Eitan,

I agree with your comments on tri-platform distribution. We really need
some Windows programmers working on this project. Mac binaries would be
nice as well. The liblouis tarball actually works on the Mac and the
liblouis tools work once you set your path to include /usr/local/bin
Natively, the Mac does not have such a directory. The problem is just
with liblouisxml and xml2brl. The Mac actually does have autotools,
somewhat to my surprise. They apparently devised a way to get along
without pkg-config. I've used Fink before and I may try it again. The
other project is dwarenPorts.

John

--
My websites: