[liblouis-liblouisxml] Problem Installing liblouisxml on the Mac

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:56:35 -0600

Several people have reported problems installing liblouisxml on the Mac
with recent releases that use autotools. The problem turns out to be
that the Mac does not have the pkg-config script. I thought it was a
problem with the location of the liblouis.pc file, but that is where one
would expect, in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig . The error message from
configure gives a url for getting pkg-config that doesn't work. Google
wasn't much help. It turned up some messages reporting the same problem
of a missing pkg-config script. Does anyone know where this script can
be obtained? Linux has it, but it's in binary form. Would this work on
the Mac? If we can't find the pkg-config script I'll have to devise a
manual installation procedure or go back to the pre-autotooled days for
the Mac, YUCK!

John

My websites:
http://www.godtouches.org