[liblouis-liblouisxml] A very beginner contraction exception related question

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:56:26 +0200

Dear List,

MMy name is Attila Hammer, and live in hungari. I working a nonprofit organization, and developing an accessible Ubuntu based Linux distribution for hungarian visual impaired users since three years ago. I very interesting the Liblouis contraction table creation. Future, I very would like doing some hungarian language specific grade braille tables if I learned enough the Liblouis contraction table creation method.

I begin learning now the Liblouis table creation opcodes, but I found a problem with I unable to resolve. Please be patient me, I am very beginner now this task related. :-):-) If you have a little time, please look my defined rules please, and tell me what can I doing wrong: #Special hungarian literal braille letter combination replacements and exceptions
partword gy 256
partword ggy 256-256
begword orszag 135-1235-26-1-1245 #for example országgyűlés word need
#sending one gy and one replaced 256 braille dot with an another cell
partword sz 26
partword ssz 26-26

The problem is following:
Generaly, in hungarian contraction braille need replacing single gy two cell presented letters with 256 dot with one cell, ggy letters with two 256 dots with two cells. But, need defining some exception words the second rule, to prewent the second rule not resulting bad literal text with exception words. The typical word is országgyűlés word. If I using following test exception, the proper replacement is happening only after orszag part word (replaced only the remaining gy letters with one 256 braille dot):
begword orszag 135-1235-26-1-1245

But, if I replace the exception rule with orszag word with hungarian accented letter containing ország word, the replacement is not happening:
begword ország 135-1235-26-5-1245
So, if the rule containing for example an unicode 00E1 character, the exception replacement is not happening. I tested this type rule with other hungarian accented characters, I see equals bad result.

I doed wrong the exception test rules, or this is a bug with Liblouis?
I using latest Liblouis from svn repository, and using Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS.

Thank you the help,

Attila