[LRflex] R3 meter

  • From: Noel Yates <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:31:33 +0100

At 07:01 26/10/2006, you wrote:
> >Hi everyone!
> >My name's Keith Longmore; I live in Norfolk, England.  I have a
> >(ridiculously, according to my wife) large collection of cameras, including
>  ...snip...
> >failed, but it had a good meter, and I threw.it.away.!  That was pre-R3.).
> >Is it an expensive item to sort?
>
>Keith,

I have used two R3 bodies for twenty years and have had each one
serviced once in that time. They have been models of reliability, so
far, and I plan to keep using them as my main 35mm tools (alongside
an SL, an SL2) , and have them repaired or serviced as needed. As far
as I can see the only thing that would stop either of them is a
breakdown for which no spares are available. You can see that I have
an unusually high opinion of the R3 so my opinion may or may not be
that valuable to you. I find them efficient (no modes to get in the
way), quiet, not too small and with pleasant handling. Collectors
ignore them so perhaps the best plan for R3 enthusiasts is to stock
up on bodies.

I like my Canon T90 as well, because I can program it to behave just
like an R3.

Welcome to the list,

Noel